Thursday, July 2, 2009

Who is Scott Franco?

Hello. My name is Scott Franco, though many of you know me as the musician, Scotter. I am a self-employed musician who lives in New York. I make rock guitar music and techno house music.  

I have produced such hits as, "Friday Afternoon," "Interracial Love Song," "Most Beautiful," and Wireless Electricity". (All of which hit number one on their respective charts.) But enough about music, let's talk about my past.

In high school, I was a tap dance choreographer at Amber Perkins School of the Arts in Norwich, NY. I won the Young Choreographer of the Year in 2000 and Dancer of the Year Award in 1998 and 2000. I went to nationals of Rhee Gold in Las Vegas, NV and placed within the top 5 dancers nationally in 2000. At Brown University I danced in a West African dance company with Michelle Bach Coulibally, the Tap Dance Company (aka What's On Tap), and frequented meetings of the Break Dance Club. I have taken Ballroom Dance classes and continue to tap and break dance even though I've gained some weight.

I was also a Constitutional Orator for the American Legion in High School, which is why I was rather angry at some of the unconstitutional bullcrap that Bush did from 2001 to 2009. I am a peace activist and involved with MoveOn.org and several other peaceful organizations. I hope Bush goes to jail.

Right now the media is trying to make me appear as some kind of racist nazi because of my article on this page called, "What's Wrong with Cable News." Read it, know it, LOVE IT.

PS- I love people of all ethnicities. I'm not going to claim that I've never THOUGHT a racist word, but I don't discriminate based on race or religion. Racial Unity is what "Interracial Love Song" is all about.

Religiously, I was raised Catholic and Methodist, (Yes, I had to go to church twice on Sundays.) My birth father (I am adopted.) was Jewish so when I was at Brown, I considered myself a Jew and joined AEPi. So for 4 or 5 years I was Jewish, then I made good friends with my Muslim friend, Dean, and I thought I'd give Islam a shot. After 2 years, I decided that it was too hard to be a Muslim in the USA, so I became a Unitarian. I am also very into Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Wicca and Zoroastrianism.


Right now I am putting together a rock band called Influence. We will have a few singles out in a few months. Keep looking for us.

This summer I am going to Tanzania, Africa to work with children with AIDS and HIV to teach them music in their classrooms and continue testing a holistic treatment (drug free) for this disease.


Other than that, I recommend reading my blog from bottom to top starting with older posts and don't forget to click on my profile page.

PS- I email people back, unlike other professional musicians so feel free to write me at scottfranco@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment